The Giant Head Brain is becoming distracted from those S15 Department 86A2 Statement forms you have been editing. You look out the window and wonder if it might rain today.The Giant Head Brain has read online that 50 to 60 degree temperatures are to be expected in Sacramento for the remaining January and February winter months. Later on that workday, The Giant Head Brain suggests partaking in some sort of outdoor adventure.
“Oh, I’m not sure,” you say, “like what?”
You realize that it wants to move you away from the desk, or the sofa; out of the house, out of the bed, “or at least out onto the town,” it says.
“You’re the one being lazy Giant Head Brain, you might say. “I have seven novels to read and they’re all due back to the library by next Friday.”
Sometimes the weather can interfere with doing fun things that The Giant Head Brain might suggest like:
1. Sky DriftersFly above the town of Rancho Murieta in a beautiful and scenic Hot Air Balloon Ride. A romantic ride for two costs $195 per person and are 3 to 4 hours long, including the post-flight picnic.Skydrifters.com 7000 Stonehouse Rd. Rancho Murieta, CA 95683.
“We have to be careful of the powerful winds during this time of year Giant Head Brain! Are you mad?” you exclaim.
2. Sports ChaletBecome PADI certified and begin embarking on your very own scuba diving adventures. Online study, confined water pool dives, and open water dive training is part of the course. Tuition is $199 plus a $22.97 fee. Must be 15 years old, 10 for the junior class, and own full scuba gear.Sportchalet.com 2401 Butano Dr. Sacramento, CA 95825
“I think instead that I will take the baby to the Toddler Storytime at the Arcade Library. I really need to add to my repertoire…”
“…Aaaand wwwhat a large brain you have…” says Giant Head Brain, as Little Red Hooded Brain.
3. Carmichael Library Toddler 0-5 Storytime Event Jan 14 11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.Saclibrary.org 5605 Marconi Ave. Carmichael, CA 95608″
Or perhaps Giant Head Brain, I should go and see about those 45 minute Genealogist sessions you can book at the Central Library. Isn’t that PBS series fascinating?
“”Mmmr,” replies Giant Head Brain.
4. Book a Genealogist Central Library Jan 17 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.Saclibrary.org I St. Sacramento, CA 95814
“And I have been thinking seriously about the game of chess Giant Head Brain. I am starting to see the various inroads the structure of the game make into my life. I see it as a metaph – “
“Yes, yes.” says Giant Head Brain.
5. Chess Club @ South Natomas Library Jan 21 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.Saclibrary.org 2901 Truxel Rd. Sacramento, CA 95833
m.wilson is a freelance writer and resident of Sacramento. Author of The Fabulous Sutro. Follow her on Twitter @livredoux